Monday, February 23, 2009

Guitar Master Tommy Bolan Rocks Out With The Help Of DigiTech Gear

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – For guitarist Tommy Bolan, music is life. “I live, eat and breathe music. Nothing else has ever mattered more to me,” he states. For Bolan, whether he is promoting his new album Zyko, performing a demonstration, or just showing his skills as a monster on the axe, he utilizes DigiTech gear regularly.


“The gear is beyond reliable, which is extremely important. It also has a way of sparking creativity for me as a musician. There is such a broad range of sounds and textures available with DigiTech products,” stated Bolan. “I’ll play a lot of live shows and the equipment takes a beating and needs to be consistent on a night to night basis. The DigiTech gear I use has always held up and the guys who make the equipment will always stand behind their product.”

Bolan already has a long list of musician accomplishments precedes him. First as the lead guitarist for the band Warlock, followed by a stint as the lead guitarist for Freight Train Jane, his albums have sold over two million copies worldwide. Bolan is currently the lead singer and guitarist for the band N.Y.C. The band’s album Zyko has a loud aggressive metal sound that has been met with critical acclaim with its audiences. In support of the new album, N.Y.C. will be playing at Summer NAMM.

“Right now I’m using the Whammy™ pedal and it’s a must-have product because there are endless creative options, and I’m always using it both live and in the studio,” stated Bolan. The Whammy’s legendary ability to pitch shift and control sound has become a staple of DigiTech over the last 20 years.

The other DigiTech gear Tommy won’t go without is the Vocal 300. This affordable vocal effects processor includes a built-in expression pedal. It features 38 fully programmable studio quality effects and the built-in expression pedal can be assigned to control your choice of up to three parameters in real-time. “Whenever I’m playing or singing live I’m using it on my voice,” added Bolan. “I know the new TimeBender™ is coming out and I’m waiting to get my hands on the new RP1000 as well.” Bolan also currently has an instructional DVD called “Metal Primer” which features the DigiTech Vocal 300 and the Whammy.

To learn more about Tommy Bolan you can visit his MySpace page www.myspace.com/nyctheband .

No comments: