Monday, June 23, 2008

Touring Pioneer Sound Image Powered By 5,000,000 Watts Of Crown

In a remarkable milestone that speaks to the performance and road-proven reliability of Crown Audio’s I-Tech family of live sound amplifiers, tour sound superpower, Sound Image of Escondido, California recently passed the 5,000,000 watt mark in I-Tech inventory. In recognition of this landmark achievement, David Shadoan, President of Sound Image, will be presented with a specially-crafted award on the opening day of InfoComm 2008.

Sound Image has deployed Crown I-Tech amplifiers on some of the highest profile and most successful tours in the United States over the past few years. Gwen Stefani, Toby Keith, Rascal Flatts, Eric Clapton, Carlos Santana and Jimmy Buffett have all traveled with an arsenal of I-Tech 8000 amplifiers in tow.

“Crown has a done a great job in evolving the I-Tech 8000 into one of the best sounding, most reliable amplifiers in the market today, “ noted Shadoan. “We have spoken with our wallet and with our reputation and we do neither lightly!”

Available in I-T4000, I-T6000 and I-T8000 iterations, the Harman HiQnet™-compatible I-Tech family has become the tour sound professional’s de-facto standard amplifier by matching unsurpassed Class-I power, light weight and ease of use. Onboard DSP provides a wide array of signal processing functionality, significantly reducing the need for rack components and rack wiring. Onboard DSP features 24- bit, 96 kHz A/D and D/A converters that reduce DSP noise for studio-quality processing and quieter overall performance. I-Tech features peak voltage and RMS power limiting for speaker protection and global power supply to deliver maximum power worldwide! The model boasts a front panel LCD for diagnostics and preset selection, ensuring fast and easy system setup but also front panel lockout for enhanced safety.

“Crown I-Tech has carved out a successful market based purely on its ability to support audio professionals like Sound Image with power performance coupled with category-leading reliability,” explained Marc Kellom, Vice President of Marketing, Crown Audio. “We worked very hard to advance I-Tech from its original introduction and we learned a lot in the process. As a result, I-Tech is today widely recognized as one of the most robust and useful amplifiers in its category. We congratulate Dave Shadoan and the Sound Image team on their artist commitment and commercial success and we look forward to supporting them with amplifiers that help them sound great!”

No comments: